Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trip Back East Part 1

So I finally took my trip back east that has been in the planning stages for years. I took over 1600 pictures. I promise not to post all of them but I will do them in a couple of segments. Just as an over view the trip was amazing. The leaves were changing colors and we had wonderful temperatures. How I always pictured Fall should feel like :)
So on to the best part the pictures

Wonderful colors just starting to happen. You will see a difference between this picture which was a the beginning of the trip to pictures at the end of the trip


Our first stop of the trip was the Pentagon. This is the memorial for 9/11. It was just dedicated this year. This ranks as one of my favorite stops on the trip.
Old vs New

The color of the bricks tell you exactly where the plane crashed on 9/11



You will notice that some of the "benches" are going different directions. The reason is the ones where you can read their names while facing the pentagon worked in the pentagon. The ones facing away from the pentagon just happened to be there that day.
Arlington Nation Cemetery

Kennedy's Burial Site


Map of Arlington




3 comments:

Jason and Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! What a wonderful experience. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Danna said...

I am so jelous that you got to be there during the pretty fall colors! Looks like you got to see some pretty spectacular sights!

Monica Hudson said...

Great pics! Makes me miss Philly and the wonders of Megalopolis! Glad you were able to go and that you had such a great time - the east is so rich in history and patriotism - as is so clearly captured in your pictures! xoxo