We are finally on to Day 2 Hooray!!!
We started with the National Zoo. Have to say I was a little disappointed in the Zoo. I even feel that Salt Lake has a better Zoo.
But here are some highlights:

These 2 lions were playing and fighting each other. Soon after I took this picture the bottom decided to attack the upper one. They were fun to watch.

Of course I had to take a picture of the beautiful leaves :)


One of my favorite parts of the Zoo and I think that Salt Lake should add an "O-Line".
The
Orangutans climb up these towers and then climb on these ropes throughout the park. They have several houses that they can climb back down the towers and eat but most of them just go from tower to tower over your heads as you walk. It is very cool.



Silver back




After the Zoo we went to see the
Iwo Jima Memorial. This has always been one of my favorite pictures and to see this huge memorial was amazing.


I like the picture below just because of how the sun is coming through the clouds.
Mom and Dad
TO BE CONTINUED.....
1 comment:
Love that pic, too - very befitting of the memorial! Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment