Monday, October 20, 2008

PART 2

Part 2

These pictures are still from day 1. We decided to start our trip out fast and furious.
I took this picture of the White House while sitting at the Jefferson Memorial.

Jefferson Memorial
I took pictures of all the sayings on the walls. I might post them later but I need to mess with them a little. I think all of our leaders in Washington need to visit these memorials and read the words that these people said and lived by because those our the type of leaders we need today.
While we were walking around the lake that is in front of the Jefferson Memorial this guy caught this huge gold fish. It was cool :)
One of my favorite parts of the trip was visiting in the tomb of the unknown solider. I love what the tomb says that we might not know the names of these soldiers but God does.


Video of the start of the changing of the guard. I didn't record the whole thing because I didn't know how long it was going to be. But I hope by the video that you are able to tell how serious the changing of the guard is.
Close to the end of the ceremony. Where the one on the right will take the place of the one on the left. The middle is their commander.
Lincoln Memorial
Washington Memorial. One of the cool things I learned that there is a law in Washington D.C. that no building can be taller than the Washington Monument. That is why there are no skyscrapers in Washington D.C.
Picture of Washington Monument from the Jefferson Memorial

TO BE CONTINUED :)




5 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

I can't wait to see more pictures! Matt and I went with Lisa and Thayne to DC back in April. It was amazing! I would love to go again!

Jason and Melissa said...

You have some great pictures! I love the clouds in the last one!

Harold or Carol said...

Keep the pictures coming. This is why I just let you take the majority of the pics.

marion said...

Hi, Crystal,

Hope you don't mind, but I read your blog...and I love it! It's so good to catch up on your life and your family's and hear your parents are as fun as ever! when I visited Shad and Lizzie a few weeks ago we were looking at blogs and he asked to see if there were any where he could see Jason...I pulled your blog up, and he loved it. Love, Marion Lamm

Theturnerfamily5 said...

WOW!!! Ilove the pictures!