I left Salt Lake City and went to Casa Grande, AZ to help out Carrie since she just had my new niece Hanna. I left on March 4th and just got back on March 15th.
So to start off I ended up being in the airport in Salt Lake for 4 hours because my flight was delayed. It ended up changing gates 4 times and changing concourse by the time I was able to board my flight. Carrie, my Mom and Kaylynn (niece who is 3) plus Hanna (1 week old) picked me up at the airport. Kaylynn was so excited to show off her new baby sister. She told me all about Hanna from the time we left the airport, got lunch, stopped at the fabric store to get stuff to make Hanna blessing dress and home. By the time we got home JL had picked Justin (nephew who is 5) up from school, so then Justin got his turn telling me all about Hanna.
Most of my days started with walking Justin to school with Mom and then Mom and I taking at least an hour to go walking around the neighborhood and we even made it to Walmart ( 5 miles) one day. The weather was so nice most of the time. Carrie's family all thought it was still cold but Mom and I were loving the weather. We would then go back to Carrie's and eat breakfast and play with Kaylynn and hold Hanna and help Carrie do projects until it was time to go pick Justin up from school. Then we just added Justin into the mix in the afternoon with Mom and I taking turns holding Hanna. Hanna was held most of the time by mom and I. Poor Carrie for the next couple weeks trying to break Hanna of that habit but what are Aunts and Grandmas for. The only time Carrie got to hold Hanna was when it was time to feed her. With Justin and Kaylynn we made cookies, colored pictures, sang songs, played with bubbles, read books, went to a book fair, went to Justin parent teacher conference, ate lunch with Justin at school, played at the park, helped Kaylynn with riding her bike, tickled and wrestled on the floor and anything and everything else we could shove into the day. So the question is did I really have a vacation :)
I also took a million pictures of Hanna and Carrie's family and some flowers since things were blooming down there. Mom and I also took Justin and Kaylynn to the Ostrich farm which I went to with them last time I was down there because they have a monster truck and take us 4-wheeling. The thing is this time AZ has had so much rain this winter that we got muddy. It was very cool :) We also celebrated Carrie's 29th birthday while we were there.
JL blessed Hanna on March 14th and then I flew out at 600 am on March 15th so I could get to work by 900.
So to start off I ended up being in the airport in Salt Lake for 4 hours because my flight was delayed. It ended up changing gates 4 times and changing concourse by the time I was able to board my flight. Carrie, my Mom and Kaylynn (niece who is 3) plus Hanna (1 week old) picked me up at the airport. Kaylynn was so excited to show off her new baby sister. She told me all about Hanna from the time we left the airport, got lunch, stopped at the fabric store to get stuff to make Hanna blessing dress and home. By the time we got home JL had picked Justin (nephew who is 5) up from school, so then Justin got his turn telling me all about Hanna.
Most of my days started with walking Justin to school with Mom and then Mom and I taking at least an hour to go walking around the neighborhood and we even made it to Walmart ( 5 miles) one day. The weather was so nice most of the time. Carrie's family all thought it was still cold but Mom and I were loving the weather. We would then go back to Carrie's and eat breakfast and play with Kaylynn and hold Hanna and help Carrie do projects until it was time to go pick Justin up from school. Then we just added Justin into the mix in the afternoon with Mom and I taking turns holding Hanna. Hanna was held most of the time by mom and I. Poor Carrie for the next couple weeks trying to break Hanna of that habit but what are Aunts and Grandmas for. The only time Carrie got to hold Hanna was when it was time to feed her. With Justin and Kaylynn we made cookies, colored pictures, sang songs, played with bubbles, read books, went to a book fair, went to Justin parent teacher conference, ate lunch with Justin at school, played at the park, helped Kaylynn with riding her bike, tickled and wrestled on the floor and anything and everything else we could shove into the day. So the question is did I really have a vacation :)
I also took a million pictures of Hanna and Carrie's family and some flowers since things were blooming down there. Mom and I also took Justin and Kaylynn to the Ostrich farm which I went to with them last time I was down there because they have a monster truck and take us 4-wheeling. The thing is this time AZ has had so much rain this winter that we got muddy. It was very cool :) We also celebrated Carrie's 29th birthday while we were there.
JL blessed Hanna on March 14th and then I flew out at 600 am on March 15th so I could get to work by 900.
So now on to the good stuff (WARNING THERE IS A TON OF PICTURES)!!!!
Carrie and Hanna
JustinThis is after we went fishing for Ostriches :)
At the Ostrich Farm they also have this building with these beautiful birds. Justin did really well let them land on him.
Justin feeding the Ostriches. Beware they do bite!!!
Kaylynn being super cool!!!
Sweet Hanna
You know I would have to put some flower pictures in here.







Kaylynn telling me to hold on a second






4 comments:
cute pics!!
Oh, Crystal, I'm so glad you got so many pictures! I feel more connected now! You did a great job on the pictures; you're really getting good! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
GREAT pictures! You are such a fun Aunt. Carrie is so lucky to have you! I LOVE the pic of Hanna in her yellow dress! The flower pictures are beautiful and I love the feet pics and the pile of kids picture. Glad your mom was there to help you wrangle the kids.
Great pictures! And what a great Aunt and sister you are! Glad you were able to get down to AZ for some family fun! I love the Jordan family picture... great job!
Post a Comment