So I have been told that I have failed to update everyone on my life while I have posting stuff from my trip. So here it goes. I am working close to 50 hours a week but I am trying different things to try to get back to around 40 hours because I am tired of working a long week. We are back to trying to hire some people but interviews are not going well. I don't understand why people show up in jeans and expect an interview to go great. So still looking.
For Thanksgiving and part of Christmas I spent it with the Powell's. It was a lot of fun. We had a white christmas with about 10 inches on the ground Christmas night. I also played with John, Pam and the kids for Christmas. Though I have to admit that it is still weird when I don't make it to GJ for the holidays. It almost feels like they actually never happened.
I also did a webcam with Carrie and the kids. So I went outside to show Justin what snow looks like and my favorite part was when Kaylynn was telling and showing me about her presents and Carrie went to add something and Kaylynn turned around and said "SHHHH MOM I am talking to Aunt Crystal." Love it!!!
For the New Year I went over to Amy's house and she kicked her kids off the Wii so the adults could play. It was fun to hang out with her family and I learned how to play rockband. I am a good guitar player but not a drummer or singer.
So back to the trip that happened in October.
We are now in Boston. Here is the highlights.
The USS Constitution or also well known as "Old Ironsides"
Samuel Adams
Part of his statue says he was incorruptible and fearless. I think he had to be in order to play his part in the revolution.
Paul Revere and Church behind him that held the signal for the revolution
So this was my favorite part of Boston. I have wanted to go there since it was dedicated and that it was also temple 100. Because of the tolls in Boston we had to pay around 6 dollars in tolls but it was worth driving around Boston to go.
This it was it looked like when we went in....
Happy 2009!!!
2 comments:
WOW!! How gorgeous! I'm so bummed we never made it up to Boston when we were living in Philly - maybe someday. Don't work too hard and we missed you here in GJ this Christmas! xoxo
This is Brandon...
How did the rest of your trip go?
I think Boston would be a great place to visit. I think that even more after reading (most of) 1776.
Post a Comment