Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me (yesterday)

It seems weird to be 28. Some moments I feel like I just graduated high school. But yet the very next thought is that I am happy where I am at in my life. It quite different from what I had envisioned when I was in high school. I remember my dream back then is that I would be working at the Olympic Training Center developing fitness programs for the athletes there. I would be married and have kids and of the course the perfect marriage (HA! HA!) and of course I would never have lived in Utah or still be living in Utah.

So lets see I have lived in Utah for the past 5 years. Instead of developing fitness programs for athletes I am helping people find out what they are allergic to and assisting in removing skin cancer. I am not married and I don't have kids. What I do have though is the title of favorite AUNT. Which I love!!! I am not only an aunt to my brothers and sister kids but to many of my adopted nieces and nephews.

I would never have thought that I would be here but it is a good thing that someone else is actually in charge because I am loving where I am at right now.

I think back and have noticed how by very little events how I have been placed where I have needed to be. I will always remember the day in high school when I received a note saying that a representative from the University of Wyoming wanted to meet with me. I almost didn't go the only reason was because it got me out of a boring class. That meeting changed where I went to college. I loved my time in Laramie. I gained friendship there that I have still today and are thankful for.

I remember when I received a post card advertisement about a school where I could get my nursing degree but in order to do this school I had to become a medical assistant. The only problem with this is that it was in Utah. But hey I finish my degree and I can get out of Utah.

I remember after finishing my medical assisting that I could not get a job for the life of me. I finally applied to the University of Utah Dermatology because I was running out of options. I remember thinking I really don't want to deal with acne and warts. I got the job and have loved every minute of it.

I know this is where I am suppose to be and I am thankful that my Heavenly Father knows me and knows what I need and when I need it even though most of the time I think I know better.

5 comments:

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you had a great day! It's funny where life takes you....it's an adventure though! Happy birthday...luv ya!

Monica Hudson said...

Amen!! Oh, and Happy birthday! I'm just glad that in all of life's adventures you and I have remained friends - love you to pieces!

Michelle said...

Did you get our message? We've been thinking thinking thinking about you all weekend. But I'm unsure if I have the right number for you in my phone. hope you had a FANTASTIC day, and know what a fabulous lady you are. I know you're making a difference in your field, and that's SO SO COOL. congrats, the rosses love you.

bryony said...

Hey, Crystal! Good to hear from you, and good to hear you're enjoying your life living where you're living and doing what you're doing. Sounds like success in my book! You look great, and Happy Birthday! Love, the Wildes

Ginger said...

Wow! Long time no see. Great to hear from you. Happy Birthday, hope you got lots of good stuff!